I’ve been doing lots of contemplating over the past few days. That’s what happens when (a) I am sick and have too much time on my hands, and (b) I have too much time on my hands. Queen of over-analyzing right here. My mom likes to say that I always need some kind of drama in my life. But what does she know…
Since I got my handsome new computer, I’ve been meaning to take all the stuff off my old computer and put it on to the new babealicious one. Going through my old Word files, I found a bucket list I made at the beginning of college:
“Things to Do Before I Turn 30” (which scarily enough, isn’t that far away!)
- Swim with dolphins
- Go skydiving 2006: Cairns, Australia
- Study abroad 2004: London, England
- Backpack around Europe 2007: England, Germany, Austria + France
- Be on The Price is Right
- Visit NYC + Los Angeles 2003: LA, 2008: NYC
- Graduate from college 2007: Graduated w/ honors, BA Journalism
- Learn photography
- Be on a reality TV show
- Take an unplanned road trip
- Be an actress (in some way) 2006: Was the voiceover in a friend’s movie for film class
- Live in a foreign country 2007-2008: Bangkok, Thailand
- Steal a golf cart
- Stay home and watch movies all day
- Sleep under the stars 2004: Haversford West, Wales (with a babealicious dude next to me ;))
- Eat everything and anything I want for a day Many a day, many a day
- Just be happy
This is the condensed version (the list was about twice as long as this – yes, I have the mind of a dreamer). But looking at it, I often forget just how much of this I have already accomplished. Sometimes, I forget to give myself credit for all the things I HAVE done.
So often we focus on what we haven’t done…ummm, I didn’t work out today! Ughhh, why didn’t I eat the salad instead of that monster plate of pasta? Shucks, why didn’t I take a chance and just say yes?
If you take anything away from this post, please take a moment and focus on all the good things you have or have done. Because chances are, you’ve done a lot more than you give yourself credit for. Case in point…
Yes, my list is heavily travel-focused (I channel Liz Gilbert when I say traveling may be the, “…the one true love of my life.”), but that is just me. I’m sure everyone’s list will look completely different – heck, there are a couple things I would love to even add to the list:
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Pay off my credit card(s)
- Live in the present (as much fun as planning future trips are…)
Take a moment, think of the good thangs and hold onto that positive love 🙂
The food is going to be highlight pics only (a.k.a. not all pictured), since this post got longer than intended – oops!
Alright, you knew this was coming…
What’s one awesome thing you’ve accomplished on your bucket list?
Also, what is one thing you still have yet to accomplish? Skydiving is probably the most amazing thing I’ve ever done, and one thing I really, really want to do is pay off my credit cards. I know, lame. Once they’re paid off, then I will go to Argentina.
In true K-style,