Good (late) night everyone!
Whew…these past two night I have been way up past my bedtime. No lie. You know I usually roll g’ma-style and getting to bed past 10:30pm is NOT okay two nights in a row. However, since I indeed had such a good day, I think it was well worth it. What makes up a good day, you ask? Well, have no fear, you know I will obv tell you!
(1) Every good day starts with a good, filling breakfast.
If you couldn’t tell, I am on a total Overnight Oat Bran kick (you can thank Kailey, Brooke & Alison for this one!) – I found out I don’t really like hot oat bran but holla, I be LOVIN’ the cold stuff.
1/3 cup oat bran
1 (6-oz.) container Stonyfield Peach yogurt
1/3 cup skim milk
1 smashed naner
~ soaked overnight ~
1 cup strawberries
1 heaping tbsp. raw almond butter
(2) Enjoying a leisurely morning cuppa joe + 2% milk while reading blog comments and fellow bloggy’s blogs.
(3) Coming out of a job interview feeling good about what you said and knowing you didn’t do anything too stupid (i.e. nervous laugh, sweat profusely, fumble words, talk to fast, interrupt…you get the picture). Wish me luck – I should hear back in the next week!
(4) A post-interview snack to quell the nervousness and mmmmmm…satisfy that hunger!
(5) Listing to the Hairspray (Broadway version, of course!) soundtrack while eating a delicious lunch. I heart musicals.
My fave musical CD’s currently in rotation during my work day are: Moulin Rouge, Hairspray + West Side Story. Just for the record. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is currently stationed in the car for the drive home. I am thinking about throwing Les Miz or 42nd Street in the mix soon. Again, I heart musicals.
(6) Resolving a potentially annoying problem at work before it could get annoying and rewarding yourself with an afternoon chocolate chip granola bar (eaten while resolving said problem, hence no photo :)).
(7) An afternoon snack of love.
(8) Heading out on a 3-mile run with my study abroad bestie Charlotte (the time always goes by SO fast!), followed by a homemade dinner of personalized calzones, salad + fruit all followed up with a repeat of last night’s So You Think You Can Dance and tonight’s SYTYCD elimination show/100th episode. A total top night.
(9) Paying off my credit card!!!!!!
(Okay, well in truth, I can’t get too excited. I still have a 2nd card with some money left to owe on it, but that is all from the surgery I had to have in while living in Thailand. Yep, that is totes another story for another day :)).
(10) Going to bed knowing it’s Friday, I might meet my mummy for lunch tomorrow, feeling totally exhausted in the best kind of way and knowing I will crash right away upon hitting the pillow.
Yep, sounds like a good day to me.